As chairman of Encore Homes — a luxury construction firm she founded with her late husband, Oscar — Evelyn Ponder has decades of experience in high-end real estate. Her foundation of honesty, integrity, and professionalism give her a sharp edge in the competitive North Texas market, not to mention her commitment to the highest standards of customer service. A longtime resident of Dallas, she has a keen understanding of the most-desirable neighborhoods, from the Park Cities and Preston Hollow on up through Richardson, Plano, and Frisco.
In addition to her real estate career, Evelyn is dedicated to community service. For example, she is a founding member of AWARE, which has raised close to $14 million since its fight against Alzheimer's disease began in 1989. She has also served on the board of the Greater Dallas Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association for more than 20 years. In fact, she has been nominated for the Junior League’s Linz Award, which honors the person whose civic or humanitarian efforts created the greatest benefit to the city of Dallas.
Because of her neighborhoods knowledge, Evelyn has a talent for matching properties to her clients’ needs and wishes. Whether searching for family homes or investment properties, she believes in utilizing her expertise and proven skills of listening and understanding to create long-term relationships.
- Twenty-year member and past president of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra League
- Former board member of Dallas Summer Musicals, the Salvation Army Auxiliary, Dallas Heritage Village, and Chiapas
- Current advisor and former annual event chair for the UT Southwestern Medical Center Ophthalmology Department
- Active member of the Daughters of the American Revolution
- Member of the MetroTex, Texas, and National Associations of Realtors
- Certified Senior House Professional
- Graduate, Realtor Institute