After cooler-than-normal temperatures, it’s welcome news that we’ll be enjoying temperatures in 70s and 80s this weekend in North Texas.
And, you can bet that with our spring weather potential buyers will increasingly be out and about discovering homes for sale across the region. Not surprisingly, those with the best “curb appeal” are often the first to sell.
Buyers often pass quick judgment on a property based on its drive-up appeal. A small investment in time and money to spruce up your property’s appearance could mean fewer days on the market and a higher sales price.
Below are a few areas in particular on which you should focus:
* For a burst of color, plant spring flowers.
* Tidy up your gardens.
* Remove glass from light fixtures around your home’s front door and clean thoroughly.
* Wash down your front door. If the sun has faded the paint, consider repainting.
* Clean and polish your front door’s hardware. Replace it if necessary.
* Check your house numbers. Are they still in good shape and visible from the street? If not, replace them.
* Wash the windows. If this isn’t your strong suit, hire a professional.
* Check your roof to make sure no shingles are missing or damaged.
* Remove debris from your gutters and drain spouts.
* Clean your patio furniture. You want potential buyers to be able to visualize your outdoor living area’s potential.
If you’re considering listing your home, contact an Ebby Associate to learn more about how to prepare it to sell in today’s ultra-competitive market and how Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate will market your home, both locally and globally, to produce the most-favorable results for you. To get started, visit daveperrymiller.com.
Upscale living, breathtaking skyline views, all while being steps away from everything North Texas has to offer – what more could you want in a condo? This week, we’re highlighting 5 stunning units that will have you daydreaming of the city life.
Homes selling above asking price, numerous offers for the same property, hip-pocket listings shared only by word of mouth – it’s no secret that the North Texas housing market is booming.
To help you navigate these unprecedented home-buying and selling waters, we polled Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate Associates and collected their top tips for today’s buyers and sellers.
Buyer’s Tips *Be qualified. Pre-plan financing by meeting with a mortgage lender ahead of time and receive a pre-approval letter that may be submitted when you make a written offer. “Less paperwork and more personal attention” is more than a saying at Home Team Mortgage Company, Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate’s affiliated mortgage source. Contact Home Team Mortgage Company for a frustration-free experience from loan application to decision.
* Act quickly. In a hot market, acting slowly or sleeping on it may cost you the opportunity to buy the home of your dreams. If you’ve found a home you’d be thrilled with, don’t wait to submit an offer – other buyers will likely be doing the same.
* Offer a compelling price. Sellers often price their homes based on historical sold data or appraisals, and in a strong market where prices are rising rapidly, homes may sell for the listing price or higher. Study the sold comps, but also compare the house you want to other homes on the market, and ask yourself, “What price am I willing to pay, and at what price am I willing to lose this house?”
Seller’s Tips * Market to everyone near and far. You have the best chance of selling your home for the highest price by exposing it to the largest number of potential buyers. When you list your home with Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate, it will enjoy worldwide exposure on daveperrymiller.com.
* Respond and keep momentum. There is an old adage that time kills deals. A buyer’s interest is at a peak level at the time he or she submits an offer, so keep the momentum going, choose the best offer, and respond promptly in writing.
* Don’t be greedy. If a buyer offers an acceptable price and terms, sign the offer and your Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate Associate will schedule a closing appointment and expertly guide you through the home-inspection and closing process.
Have a buying or selling question not addressed in this post? Contact one of Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate’s offices and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.